Monday, August 18, 2008

Trying what I learned from a movie

"there's no place like home"

Click heels
Click heels
Click heels

open my eyes.

Dang it. Still here.

Trying again.

Nope

Guess you can't believe everything you see on TV


So.. Why now? Why has this blog become a why-I-don't-particularly-care-for-CA ranting ground?

(hint- for other than the obvious I don't really care for it - read below)

Because..
Today our landlord was supposed to receive a notice that our house is a fire hazzard, and instead it was delivered to us.

And in true old-school TV detective fashion, I knew something addressed to him personally from the city was going to be bad... I steamed it opened to read.

Oh, hurray!!!!!
He has 10 days from date of the letter (which was 4 days ago) to get in compliance because our house is a fire hazzard!!

So.. HE has to get the gutters cleaned out, the massive tree trimmed and remove the debris HE left outside the house

WE have to remove the shed Larry bought and put up (which I'm actually ok about- I thougth it was much too big for the space we had there) remove our debris from the outside of the house and clean up the dead vegitation from the flower beds that are dead because a bunch of the sprinkler heads are broken and we don't own the place, so when we realized it wasn't going to be an easy fix, we are leaving it. And because we have to pay for the water, too, we're not over watering the entire yard to let it saturate and water the parts that aren't getting water from the sprinkler head in their area.

I can just wait to hear what might be said about our highly flammable card box collection of diapers in the garage (which is supposed to be holding cars, remember?)

And even better yet- the inspection will probably happen the day we get back from port picking up our next load of diapers (it's been clearing customs for a week now... ) so I can REALLY wait to hear what they'd say about that..


Trying again

Maybe it's the shoes that are preventing this from working.. humm, maybe it can't be sandals?

I'll be hitting the store tomorrow looking for sparkly ruby red shoes...

2 comments:

Jessi said...

So if the heel clicking really worked, where would "home" be?

Mama to little lions said...

LOL. TEXAS!!!