And sometimes it comes at just the right time
OK. I'll admit I've been dealing with discouragement since before we stepped foot here and it's found new foot-holds in our house/neighborhood (who sent the landlord a "warning" letter about the little trailer visiting the house too many times but didn't seem to notice who stole Joey's Power Wheels), the kid's school, the job, the Navy...
And the patients/families at work this week really tore at my heart with the stories of what they've endured prior to coming here. Stuff I hope to never never never have to endure. (moms watching their son killed in front of them, families watching their loved ones tortured or enduring it leaving them blind- really really awful) This month we've had alot of refugees from Iraq and most of them are not Muslim.
So. I worked today, in the usualy chaos- feeling discouraged that I was going to make any difference here (but trying not to let it show, of course)
And who should come to the window but this young couple looking nervous.
(ahh, I think, they want something.. maybe drug seekers or raising money for something?)
And they say "This may seem weird, but we're going up and down the street asking people if they need prayer."
Checking my hearing "did you say prayer?"
"yes"
Me: "Well, now that you mention it.. OF COURSE we need prayer" and elaborate on the needs of the people we serve, the clinic, etc... (not violating hippa, of course)
And he prays right there.
Cool, huh? (sorta weird to me, too, but.. ) talk about answered prayer- as I'm asking for confirmation that this is where I'm supposed to be, new signs come in when I need it most.
Just enough to keep me going.
And one of the staff today, having a particuarlly bad day asked me "why are you different? are you really spritual or something?"
Talk about an open door, God. You're not giving me subtle hints, are you?
So, in 2 mintues or less, I share I have a faith in God who cares and provides for me, so I don't have to worry, there is a reason and it will all work out.
(**snort**- I should record that and replay it to myself when I freak out over stupid stuff, right?)
And kicking myself that I didn't say something like "would you like that kind of relationship with Christ, I can lead you in a prayer right now" but sorta thinking the timing was really bad for that- someone walked in and interrupted the end of my brief summary, anyway.. And I'm a big chicken and God knows that. I'm willing to bet that he'll be stretching me in that way...
No comments:
Post a Comment