Tuesday, August 5, 2008

This just in to the news desk

There is a pretty good chance we'll be moving next year

Place TBD (not by us, of course)

Our options range from:
  • staying here (Pendleton)
  • 29 palms (oh, please no)
  • North Carolina
  • Missouri (seriously? the Navy is in Missouri?!- actually I think that's a Marine installation, too- actually most of these are Marine locations)
  • Texas
  • Japan
  • San Diego itself
  • Florida (flight surgery)
  • South Carolina

Ahhh.. all the choices too bad we can't decide...

But oh, heavens- ANOTHER cross country move is possible in a year? THIS time I'm asking to be medicated. Wake me up when we get there. Oh- wait- duh- JAPAN... THAT beats moving cross country. (shuddering at the thought and thinking maybe this time the KIDS should be medicated and we'll wake THEM up when we get there)

7 comments:

Erin said...

Wow Gina! (((hugs))) How soon will you find out? What an ordeal!

Jessi said...

My vote is for TX!!!!!! (as if it counts). :-) I would LOOOOOVE it if y'all we're closer!

abby and jacob said...

My vote is TX or MO either one is closer than where you are now. We would love for you to be closer. Hope everything works out the way you need it to. Our prayers are with you in this journey. What will hapen to the nanny?

Mama to little lions said...

We (DH) gets to put down his first choice only and then they'll put him where they want him (sorta like how we ended in CA when we thought we'd be going to FL)

He puts in his choice this month. We'll hear sometime middle of December.

The nanny isn't portable. We'll have to find her a new family (bummer). She goes home every friday night for the weekend to see her kids and grandkids.

Jessi said...

So what IS the first choice?

abby and jacob said...

What's the first choice? What is he going to do? GMO or res.??? (from Mike)

Mama to little lions said...

What is he picking? I don't think he knows yet. He's hedging his bets- he'll have a better chance of getting his wish granted if he picks GMO- BUT if he picks GMO and picks here (Pendleton), he'll be in Falluja (Iraq)for 8 month tours.

So.. what do you do? pick were you want to live or pick what you want to do or base your decision based what you want to avoid? If any of that makes sense.

On the bright side, I only have to put up with smelly house for 10 more months or so :-)