It would have helped to have planned ahead of time.
Because as I was thinking "I have plenty of time" to plan a party suddenly I realize....
No. No. I don't.
So much like Kayla's party 2 weeks after the day because 4 days before her birthday I was having surgery, Sonia and Joey's party will be 2 weeks after the date because their mother was a day (or month) late in planning their party and really has no good reason.
The original thought was "we'll have 2 parties on 2 different days to celebrate 2 very different people" now it's boiled down to "we'll manage 1 party. Of sorts. I hope"
After the minor disaster of trying to plan and orchestrate Kayla's games, I'm thinking the $50 to rent a jump house thing might be a reasonable investment. Funny.. last year I choked at the thought of spending $100 for a chuck e cheese party. This year $100 seems like a bargain compared to all the incidental costs that go along with a party in the back yard.
You see... at parties now the entire family can and does come. And you feed them. And if you've seen my cake decorating skills, you know we're buying a cake or two... And party favors.. and a pinata (because I tried making Kayla's pinata. And the day before her party we went to partys r us to buy one. This year we're going to just buy them. Did you know they make them of super sturdy cardboard? They make it through the entire line up of kids several times)
*sigh* I tried talking them into a trip to legoland or Seaworld in lieu of a party. They want a party. I might have had a better chance of throwing disney land in the equation.. however.. that pushes the envelope a little too far. AND Sonia wants to invite every girl in her class. She better realize I love her to try to pull this off. Of course again I worry that Joey won't have anyone show up. Or if we invite all the boys in his class that the ones I really don't want to invite in the first place will be the only ones that show up.
So today, If I can pull it off, I'll be putting invitations together today. In addition to the rest of the chaos I'm trying to juggle.
Just another day in the life.
No comments:
Post a Comment