Wednesday, April 13, 2011

So in an effort to actually blog more often

I am sitting here staring at the computer screen with little going on in my head. Which, frankly, surprises me since generally there are at least 6 voices in there competing with the 4 around me.

No. Don't call the psych hospital on me. I've been checked. They're ok. With my double vision, it's a regular party in my brain.

The little things that have been going on.. well.. not so little.. Soccer.

Soccer is the big monster that sucks up all things resembling free time. And who ever came up with the term "Soccer Mom"- was that you Pres Clinton? - thank you for that, so now when the word "soccer" comes out of my mouth I hear "oh, you're a soccer mom?"

Uh.. yeah. Whatever that means. Go ahead. Put me in a category. I rarely fit in any category. I'm a statistical anomaly.

But Soccer means that 3 days a week I sit at the side of the soccer field. This is actually a vast improvement from the 4-5 days a week we had this fall. I was actually really hoping they'd all be on the same team, Since it's the 6 and 7 year olds on the same team and Sonia/Joey are still 7 and Kayla's 6... but.. apparently people aren't supposed to have 3 kids in the age bracket consisting of 2 years, so they won't let you have more than 2 kids on a team. Guess if you decide not to show up, it might force them to forfeit?

Of course because they're the same age league, they played each other. So I'm was irritating Joey and Kayla's team fathers by cheering for Sonia. It wasn't like there was much competition. I was just cheering if she was paying attention to where the ball was and possibly even getting close enough to kick it. We're setting realistic goals here.

But really.. Sonia's team.. words don't describe.

Actually I think the best way to describe it is that at the end of last season, the coaches made a recommendation for the worst/weakest team player from their team. And then all of those kids were put on the same team.
It's really pathetic. We're 2/3 of the way through the season and I don't think they've scored a goal once.

No, I take that back. In game #2, they kicked it into and scored on their own goal for the other team.

Yeah. They're that bad.

We cheer if the loose by less than 8 goals. I guess youth sports made a rule that after 5 goals, they stop counting, so the most you're technically loosing by is 5. The kids, on the other hand realize that they lost by more than 5 - they can count. It's just the referees that can't count.

So.. since tonight's a soccer night which we'll leave early to try to make it to Awana in under 30 minutes while feeding them sandwiches and carrot sticks in the van... I need to get packing. I have 20 minutes to have kids, dinner, water bottles, cleats, shoes, jackets, Awana books and vests, homework and snack for after Awana when they accuse me of not feeding them dinner because they're starved.

So.. off to pack the van with enough stuff that when we get out tonight it will look like a cyclone went through it. And it will likely smell like week old gym shorts... yummm.. nothing like inhaling smelly cleat odor while trying to inhale your dinner sandwich.

No comments: