I heard today though the grapevine that we are going out of business. With the implication that our business had major issues.
Hmm. News to me.
I had no intention of going out of business. Perhaps handing the mantle of chief cook and bottle washer over to someone else..and profiting from that- but closing our doors forever? after killing ourselves to get it brand name recognition, a decent website (ok. still working on this), good business contacts, and the domain names registered? not a chance.
And if you don't know me and have just somehow found my blog- I'll let you in on a secret- this blog is a place for me to vent and get out my frustrations without paying for therapy. And you'll notice a theme to the blog's venting- it goes something like this:
kids make me crazy, business makes me crazy, the Navy makes me crazy, moving makes me crazy, I'm just plain crazy.. and repeat, maybe mix the order up a little.
And if you're one of the handful of customers who make me pull out my hair- please know that yes- it IS YOU you makes me want to sell the business and gift the mantle of "customer service" to the new owner. I don't write about you or the details of our interactions, so it comes out as "I can't stand this business." but believe me- if I was working as a nurse and we were interacting in that capacity, I'm pretty sure it would come out in my blog as "I can't stand my job" even though the job is fine, it's the dealing-with-you part of it that I could live without.
But I heard that from a fellow cloth diaper peddler who was told that one of her customers read that on a blog. I'll have to go back and read what I wrote and maybe put the above disclaimer 'please take anything written on this blog with a grain of salt'
But anyway-she's a kindred spirit and encouragement to me- a Marine wife who started her business from her home and recently got a much larger absolutely beautiful store front. I wish her much success and hope one day to succeed as she has.
But she has a 2 yearly "yard sale" at her business and invited me to come and sell stuff (super nice of her, huh?) And I brought 5 big boxes of returns, seconds with problems and other stuff that has been sitting on the shelf forever. And came home with 2 not-as big boxes of stuff. I'm thrilled. And it sold in about 1 hr and 15 minutes. The kids were there with me and fairly well behaved.
So to celebrate not-horrific behavior- we went to chick fil a for ice cream cones and then chicken nuggets (once I realized what time it was. So- yes. in that order). I still *heart* chick fil a.
I don't know if they have this near you, but our chick fil a has "save your receipt day" where you buy a meal on a said day and then you can come back anytime the following month to get the exact same order free- just hand them your receipt.
So.. it's on my calendar- we're going to Chick fil A on that day-June 25th - probably for lunch to try to beat the crowd on that day (we happened into it a few months back when we went to CFA - not as crazy busy as the military appreciation night, but still the line went well out the door).
But now I'm bone tired and still have 5 loads of laundry staring me in the face, dishes in the sink and the kids' toys and treasures strewn across the house..
And the fish are still alive. bummer.
No comments:
Post a Comment