Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What would you do for a housekeeper/nanny?

Looking for a show of hands-

Would you go back to work 2 days a week to afford one?

Spanish Speaking only 50 year old mother of 5
Live in, full time
Cheaper than full time day care and she'll cook, clean, care for the kids and do laundry.
Full time. (did I mention that? oh all the help she could be...)

I really wasn't looking for one. We really can't afford it. really. We're still not sure how we're going to afford living here without resorting to selling our plasma or growing medicinal plants (legal with a prescription in CA, wink wink) to sell from the back yard.
And as much as I've been kidding for 4 years that we needed to hire a South American immigrant, I wasn't seriously thinking it would ever happen.

BUUUTTTT...

I was looking in a last minute desperate effort to find a baby sitter for Friday night's mandatory "hail and farewell" function and I was online looking for a babysitter and found the ad from the nanny/housekeeper's curent employer whose kids are starting preschool fulltime and she's looking for new employment for her. (this is California)

Comment away let me know what you think :-)

While I go research how much $ it will take to get my California NP license... lol.

Oh, and if you know if any decent babysitters in the southern CA area available this friday evening, please pass that information along, too.

No comments: