Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Taxes still aren't close to being done.

But there's only 1 week left to Girl Scout cookie insanity, hopefully.

Work is going well, this week I've been swapping child care services with another per-diem mom, which has worked out well. Our kids are in 1st grade together, and her son came to Kayla's birthday party and it came up that we both weren't sure what we were doing the following week for childcare on the days we were working. And Voilla we realized we could swap off. She's a teacher and substitutes so she's able to get the kids after school (convenient, huh?)

Work was actually kinda fun yesterday and the manager brought the next 3 months of available schedule and said I could have my pick of what was available. Sadly for me it was alot of nights and Saturdays, but I did find a few that would work. And as an additional bonus 75% of my patients yesterday spoke English, which was very nice. I'm going to get the learn spanish in the car CDs from the library again. I definately need a refresher course. And I realized the day I worked in OB that pretty much 95% of all the GYN terms I"d use I wouldn't learn from any learn Spanish CD. Como se dice Gonorrhea? IUD? 

In happy urban homesteading project we have a new science project happening in our kitchen - hatching eggs. There appears to be a fairly steep learning curve on this, so it's possible we won't have adorable cute fuzzy things in 3 weeks. But if we do, I'll be putting pictures up somewhere.  Facebook of course is easier for me to put pictures up on, but maybe I'll put some here also.

JM starts TBall tonight. I haven't heard from Joey's coach yet to know when that starts for him. The girls didn't want to do sports this season and I decided that I'll let them sit this one one. Largely because the boredom factor in Tball/baseball from the outfield is pretty high. And also because if I signed them up for Soccer it's possible I'd have to be in 4 places at one time opposed to 2 places at once.

I sometimes wish I could clone myself. Other days I think that'd be a bad idea- particularly the days I'm wishing I was someone else- better, more organized, less cranky.. 4 of me on a bad day would be just too much. We'd probably kill each other. And that would be bad.

No comments: