So incase you were worried, I'm off crutches now.
We took the kids to see Cars2 in the movies yesterday. I think they liked it. We didn't do the 3D one and we went to the bargain showing. Not that $6/ticket IS a bargain, but it's relative.
Joey's been to yet another birthday party. And he had a friend over last week for the entire day. Our beach day, infact.
We made our yearly pilgrimage to Ikea and now have curtain rods for the kitchen and matching bedspreads for the kids' beds. They have lovely handmade quilts they still use, but for the sake of protecting them, they now have cheap Ikea bedspreads to keep over them. Luckily they all missed the great silly putty disaster, but several of their other blankets are now permanently stained with neon orange silly putty. And silly putty was added to the "do not fly list" here. Actually it WAS on the "do not buy list" but or our last west -east coast trip I got it for their backpacks to keep them entertained on the plane, thinking (oh, how horrible to admit this..) "what do I care if they get silly putty all over the place on the plane?"
ok. in my defense, I thought it was a better alternative to playdough. In retrospect I realize playdough is water soluble and will wash. Silly putty is not and will not.
Anyway.....
This past week we've been to the beach. And one of the annoying features of So Cal early summer/spring is this thing called "may gray and june gloom" pretty much it means a cold cloud overs over the coast. The coast meaning the beach. We live inland and not on the top of a hill that we can see the cloud cover until we get close to the beach.. so we packed up the truck full of beach related junk breaking into a serious sweat in 80 degrees only to get to the beach and find it grey, cold and 66 degrees.
I wish we had access to a pool. Specifially, access to one in a neighbor's yard. I have a neighbor in mind. He hasn't volunteered his pool and the prospects of that are pretty slim. however... he is 4 weeks into trying to re-model his bathroom and at this point I think if I offer Larry's expertise and help I might be able to get a 3 visit pass to his pool.
Anyway.. I signed the kids up for swim lessons at the Ymca. I really really hope they learn to swim this time. I think it should come with a "money back guarantee" After 2 years at the base pool lessons with the kids learning nothing, I think it *might* be a better investment. They had Ymca lessons last year through their school, which for 6 lessons, or however few it was the kids learned more than they did in 2 years at the other pool. And this time I can sign all 4 of them up. Previously Kayla and JM weren't old enough for the kids without mom lessons and no pool lets you take more than 1 kids in at a time. This year they have lessons for kids as young as 4. figures.
Anyway... the plans for this week involve going back to the county fair tomorrow, the children's discover museum and possibly a pool. The museum is free for active duty military members this summer, so of course we're going to check it out. There are 3 museums here we're going to try to go to this summer in that program. There are some perks to being in the military. Aside from not choosing where you live the chance your loved one gets sent to war, and the crappy medical system, the benefits aren't so bad. At least we're in the Navy. I have an Air Force friend who was just moved to Minot ND. Of all the places I joke I don't want to live, that's consistently in the top 2. And I'm not really joking. I'm pretty serious. I don't want to move to Minot. ever.
1 comment:
LOL - well, if you moved to Minot ND you'd only be 6hours away from me!
hope you have good instructors with the YMCA. in my experience, it matters the most how good the instructors are - and quality of instruction varies......
:) Erin
Post a Comment