Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A deal too good not to share

But if you're not into consumerism please stop reading. I, on the other hand, love a good deal. 

So, here's the deal.

Groupon has a deal for Ebay $15 credit for $7. Good for using on shipping charges, too.

Find it here
If you haven't signed up for Groupon yet, if you sign up under me, I get $10 credit

You can double dip with this. Once you have your ebay credit

Go to Ebates

Find Ebay and click on the linky button to shop. you'll get 1-5% back in ebates (real cash) for shopping through them.

If you haven't tried Ebates yet.. you really have to. It's pretty awesome if you can remember to go there first and then from there to the store you're shopping at.

This week we needed girl backpacks since the Made in China ones with Disney characters didn't last. (I know, surprising.... ) Anyway.. Joey has an LL bean one my mother got him this summer. It looks new still. I have my LL bean backpack from when I was in High School which until a plastic clasp broke this summer lasted.. uh.. a couple of decades.

Anyway.. open the link through Ebates. Click on LL bean or open a second window to see this one They're $14 with free shipping. $14 for an LL bean backpack. That's going to be $.70/ year if it lasts 20 years.
There are other backpacks and awesome stuff there, but we're still focusing on needs, not wants.. but there's alot of wants there on that site.

If you want to triple dip, if you have the LL bean credit card, you can use that, get triple points on your order which eventually turns into an LL bean gift certificate.

We no longer have one of those, so I didn't do that. We had one forever. It was the first fools to give me credit on the stated income of a college student. Well, not sure who's more foolish there- those getting the credit or those extending the credit. Anyway.. a few years ago the bank issuing the card no longer was an LLbean card, and used some other complicated rewards system, so we bailed on them and never applied to get one with the LL bean rewards. We personally use a different one with rewards that work on other things besides a pricey outdoor equipment and clothing store.

Sadly, if I had planned better I might have been using our airline miles card and we might have had something to apply towards a summer trip. As it is, I misplaced our frequent rewards cards and still get dangerously close to cardiac arrest every time I shop around to find plane tickets across the continent.

No comments: