Going to make my own self-motivational speeches here.
We're still just plugging along and I'm still having nagging thoughts of 'this is IT?!! This is life?!' as I feel like I'm chasing my tail spinning in circles daily. With everything, really. As soon as I get one fire put out, there are 3 others I'm racing at attend to.
For example- yesterday.
It was my turn to bring desert to growth group. I planned ahead. I bought 2 of those fancy-schmancy box mixes for bars, had enough eggs and butter to make them and had them made and cooling on the stove.
AND to be fair, I made a cake for the kids, too, so they'd also have a desert.
And we were working on teaching chores- Joey's being to take the recycling to the recycling can. (which, btw, I like a whole lot more than the recycling bins since it's actually big enough for all the recycling AND it's an enclosed bin so the papers and cardboard don't blow out and get wet if it rains)
BUT.. Joey put it in the wrong can. Which is a wrong can for anything. Because Larry thought he was buying approved trash cans, but in reality the only trash can you can have has to be provided but the trash company.
So.. as I go out with Joey to show him the correct can and put the recycling from wrong can to right one..
Kayla and JM were in the kitchen.
Unsupervised.
With Cake and brownie-bar things.
And because "their" cake was hotter than the brownie bars, they stuck their fingers into the brownie bars and pulled a chunk out to eat.
ARGH!!!!!
Out of eggs, box mix and anything remotely able to replace desert.
So I cut out the parts that had fingers in them and put the rest cut into squares on a serving plate. Pretty sneaky, huh?
And while doing that and making dinner, out of the corner of my eye I see JM walking down the wall with scissors, confiscating those I think the fires are out.
Until I hear a crashing breaking sound of the soap dish in the bathroom.
Enter the bathroom and find the better part of a roll of toilet paper in shreds on the floor in addition to the shattered soap dish and soap.
And one would ask...
Why did I have a breakable soap dish in the kid's bathroom?
Because it's our only bathroom right now.
And their plastic dish went AWOL in our move (along with the cord to my electric blanket, which I am not at all happy about)
So I put our ceramic-matching toothbrush and soap dish in the bathroom.
So now we're down 2 soap dishes.
And I have a new appreciation for having more than 1 bathroom.
So today I decide we're going to have a fire-free day.
lol.
from my mouth to God's ears. Because I already hear JM in the bathroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment