Monday, October 19, 2009

Mama said they'll be days like this

What she didn't say was to sit down with a glass of wine and blog about it.

But I think it might help.

It seemed to be a constant barrage of assault of life today- cranky kids who fought more than usual, made worse by the lone surviving lightsaber and the boys' intense desire to practice their Jedi Warrior talents on each other and the dog. And since it's Halloween coming up soon, we have new costumes for play and Batman was flying down the stairs sliding across the floor and attacking his little brother to save the princess.

While he was supposed to be doing his school work.

The looming appointment tomorrow to prove to the school that I have indeed taught my kids something this month and realizing I'm coming up short on something to actually hand in in 2 subjects. And wondering where this month has gone..

The aggravation of dealing with chronic health issues, medical appointments, arranging daycare or babysitting for said appointments, and sitting on hold for forever.

The realization that I forgot the bag of wet bathing suits and towels in the back of the van. From a week ago.

The realization that the noxious smell in the truck was someone's lunch from heaven-knows-when.

The fun of chasing a toddler to wipe his nose, re-clothe him after he's stripped his clothes off, and tolerating his desire to be in purple dragon costume all day.

The urgent run for pull-ups since we were out.
2 days ago.
And the need to do 2 nights worth of laundry.

And while buying pull ups, the kids keep sitting on the floor to play games picking up lord-knows-what germs.

The frustration of cooking 2 meals - lunch and dinner and having them stick their noses up in the air and refuse to eat. Stuff they requested.

And the helpful advice from an older lady tonight that one day they'll be grown up and I won't remember their being little except for pictures.
I doubt that. I'm pretty sure I'll remember this.
And if I don't, I have a blog to go back to read about it.


And for the record:
No wine was consumed in the making of this blog post or any time thereafter. Or any other alcohol. This is the random ramblings of a sober mind.
Just in case you're going to wonder about such things and think I'm heading towards alcoholism.
My "drug" of choice is M&M's.
And yes. M&M's were consumed in the making of this blog post.

No comments: