Thursday, July 23, 2009

one more person knocks on my door today

Looking for a previous tenant.....

So.. after the police visit the other morning looking for "Drew" -oh, yeah, and my brother Andrew, known to some of his college buddies as "Drew" was visiting. different last name (unless brother Andrew uses a different last name as an alias...insert suspenseful music here..)

Today a guy knocked on the door looking for Wes (our landlord) claiming to be an old friend.

And while I'm sure he could have been an old friend..

My imagination is taking off. Waay off.

in fact - Hollywood should hire me.

For one- the guy was in his 60's with a thick New-York-Italian accent, complete with partially unbuttoned shirt and big chain with medallion around his neck (really, I couldn't make this up) and well.. kinda out of place here.

Alot out of place here.

And really odd that 30 year old yuppie prep school drunkard landlord would have an "old friend" such as this.

And a little odd that his friend didn't know that he had moved (in fact twice since he left here)

So, I give him Wes' phone number and think.. (a bit later)

"well.. what if he wasn't a friend? what if he's looking to collect on a debt/loan/etc?? what if he's with a particular family of organized crime??? how guilty will I feel if I read in the paper of Wes' surprise demise?? What if he disappears this week never to be seen again??"

No, I have never watched the Sopranos, so, no- this isn't from watching that show recently late at night.

And unfortunately when/if the police come by to ask about the guy, about the only description I can give is above. And he drove a gold or sliver car- a Toyota I think? Maybe a Honda? And the thing on the chain around his neck was a bird of some sort.

I'm sure that would give them a TON of information to go on.

And I'm really really ready to move now.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

You've had waaaay too much action at your front door lately, lady. I'm with you...it's *really* time to move now. *wink*

PS. Hope Larry's surviving "the field" okay. I chuckled reading your last post...I could just hear the conversation between he and the Marine. LOL! Definitely not what he signed up for.

Miss you guys.