Saturday, May 23, 2009

As I walk out of the bathroom this morning

I was met by a orange covered toddler

NOW what did he get into?

I ask him what he had and he answers "lipstick"

I don't have lipstick after the last time he found lipstick. And I certainly don't have bright orange lipstick. I figured it was marker, since he enjoys chewing on them like a lollipop.

But no- he opens his backpack in which he stores all his found treasures and produces 4 tubes of food coloring of which he had managed to open both the red and yellow. For which he dragged a stool across the kitchen, climbed the counter and got it out of the cabinet, presumably looking for candy or other brightly colored snacks.

I'm still cleaning up the floor from what looks like a crime scene. Gratefully most of it has come off the tile. Not as successful at getting it out of the fisher price rocking chair.

(yes, I have pictures, but can't find the cord to hook computer to camera. Technology challenged here and my new 4GB memory card isn't read by the little slot you push it into the computer, and I don't know why... 1GB just wasn't cutting it for me anymore, but I may go dig that one out since it's way more conveneint to just pop it in the slot than hunting for a cord that seems to have feet of it's own, along with everything else in any drawer within reach of said toddler)

And as I am settling the fight between the 6 year olds, I notice one of them has pen - ball point pen- lines covering her legs. What possess someone to turn their skin ball-point pen black? Not writing or anything that passes for decorative art- just lines and scribbles.

And as we're still working on using the potty and JM loves his pull-up, I'm also chasing him back to the bathroom with the "little kid potty" which he loves carrying around- as soon as he has some content in it, he's bringing it through the house sloshing it's contents everywhere.

I'm thinking I'm going to try using a smaller seat on the potty bolted to the floor with a stool. He's afraid of it, but I'm loosing the Battle of the Major Messes.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I ever win that battle. But today it's kicking my butt worse than usual.

And- no- still no word on if we get "the house" in Fallbrook we're waiting for and thus- no word on where/when we'll be moving.

No comments: