Hurry up and wait.
Got the offer in on that house, it was supposed to go to the lawyer yesterday who would decide. And we were supposed to hear yesterday. Supposed to.
But... the real estate agent in charge said it wasn't fair to the first 6 (or so) bidders, so she extended the date so everyone could re-bid. *sigh* oh well. we gave our best bid first, so I guess we'll go back to looking. Or waiting. Either way.. I don't know the final outcome.
So, God.. Here's my wish list:
Safe neighborhood
Quiet Street
Good kids in the Neighborhood
If possible a really nice homeschooling family of 6 next door/across the street.. etc..
And a elderly woman a few houses up who'll keep an eye on everything .. you know the type..
Convenient to get out of the neighborhood (more than 1 way out)
4 bedrooms (or 5? I can wish, right? )
Fenced in yard, with a patch of grass. Grass in front yard is optional. One of those stone landscapes would be cool. this is the desert. Greenery is pretty much artificial. Maybe a front yard of all seasonal wild flowers??
2 bathrooms
Storage shed
backyard we could park the trailer in without it being really obvious or take up the entire yard. (optional- I still am in the mood to sell it all)
No cat smell
2 or even 3 car garage
Fruit trees- I'd like Avacado, and Oranges. Maybe a lemon tree, apricot tree, pear tree, or apple tree? (not sure they have have apple trees here)
Solar panel or the solar water heaters
Oh, and Gas heat and cooking
Not too far from the ocean (AKA not 118 degrees in summer. dry heat is still heat, imo)
An enclosed porch would be nice, too, again- optional.
In Vista, if you really want specifics, eastern Vista, or better yet- North East Vista.
I can live without:
The Dining room in the living room when you first walk into the house. (crazy set up in most of these houses) Then you walk through the family room to get to the kitchen. You walk into a huge room without alot of function.. (IMO. How many family room/living rooms do I need to clean?)
homeowners associations
Any sort of pool in the back yard, functioning or not
Original 1970's carpeting
Wall paper
The house needing major rehab in any area
Cat smell
Bars on windows
Huge termite damage
shopping carts parked in the front yard or otherwise abandoned along the street
So.. now all I have to do is...wait for it to happen.
waiting.. the story of my life
No comments:
Post a Comment